Bed Sheet Sizes And Dimensions – A Complete Guide
Apart from color and design, there’s another reason why we always pick that one bedsheet from our personal collection – the size of the sheet. It is not a great feeling when your bedsheet gets bunched up or falls off the bed.
Before you hit buy on a new sheet, take a moment to understand the perfect bed sheet size for your bed.
Bed Sheet Sizes Chart
The chart gives you bed sheet sizes in inches as well as centimeters.
|Mattress Type||Fitted Sheet Size||Flat Sheet Size|
|Twin||39 x 75 inches/ 99 x 190 centimeters||66 x 96 inches/ 168 x 244 centimeters|
|Twin XL||39 x 80 inches/ 99 x 203 centimeters||66 x 96 inches/ 168 x 244 centimeters|
|Full||54 x 75 inches/ 175 x 190 centimeters||96 x 102 inches/ 246 x 254 centimeters|
|Queen||60 x 80 inches/ 152 x 203 centimeters||96 x 102 inches/ 244 x 259 centimeters|
|King||76 x 80 inches/ 193 x 203 centimeters||102 x 112 inches/ 259 x 284 centimeters|
|California King||72 x 84 inches/ 183 x 213 centimeters||102 x 112 inches/ 259 x 284 centimeters|
Bed Sheet Dimensions for Each Size
It is not enough to know the bed sheet measurements for each size. Take into consideration the dimensions of your duvet cover and bed skirt. This will ensure you buy the best fit possible for your bed.
Let us look at the bed sheet dimensions for different sizes. We will also consider the dimensions of all your bedding equipment ranging from the bed skirt to your mattress.
- Mattress – 38 x 75 inches or 96 x 190 centimeters approximately
- Fitted sheet – 39 x 75 inches or 90 x 190 centimeters approximately
- Flat sheet – 66 x 96 inches or 166 x 244 centimeters approximately
- Duvet Cover – 72 x 96 inches or 182 x 244 centimeters approximately
- Bed Skirt – 38 x 75 inches or 961 x 90 centimeters approximately
- Mattress – 38 x 80 inches or 96 x 203 centimeters approximately
- Fitted Sheet – 39 x 80 inches or 99 x 203 centimeters approximately
- Flat Sheet – 66 x 96 inches or 168 x 244 centimeters approximately
- Duvet – 72 x 96 inches or 182 x 244 centimeters approximately
- Bed Skirt – 38 x 80 inches or 96 x 203 centimeters approximately
- Mattress – 53 x 75 inches or 134 x 190 centimeters
- Fitted sheet – 54 x 75 inches or 137 x 190 centimeters approximately
- Flat sheet – 96 x 102 inches or 244 x 259
- Duvet – 93 x 96 inches or 236 x 244 centimeters approximately
- Bed skirt – 53 x 75 inches or 134 x 190 centimeters approximately
- Mattress – 69 x 80 inches or 152 x 203 centimeters approximately
- Fitted Sheet – 60 x 80 inches or 152 x 203 centimeters approximately
- Flat Sheet – 96 x 102 inches or 244 x 259 centimeters approximately
- Duvet cover – 93 x 96 inches or 236 x 234 centimeters approximately
- Bed skirt – 60 x 80 inches or 152 x 203 centimeters approximately
- Mattress – 76 x 80 inches or 193 x 203 centimeters approximately
- Fitted sheet – 76 x 80 inches or 193 x 203 centimeters approximately
- Flat sheet – 102 x 112 inches or 259 x 284 centimeters approximately
- Duvet cover – 96 x 109 inches or 244 x 277 centimeters approximately
- Bed skirt – 76 x 80 inches or 193 x 203 centimeters approximately
- Mattress – 72 x 84 inches or 183 x 213 centimeters approximately
- Fitted Sheet – 72 x 84 inches or 183 x 213 centimeters approximately
- Flat Sheet – 102 x 112 inches or 259 x 212 centimeters approximately
- Duvet Cover – 96 x 109 inches or 244 x 277 centimeters approximately
- Bed Skirt – 72 x 84 inches or 183 x 213 centimeters approximately
Bed sheet sizes in USA more or less follow this standard. There might be slight variations depending on the brand.
Follow these simple steps to take bed sheet measurements.
- Remove all bedding from your bed.
- Measure the length of your mattress with tape.
- Now measure its breadth from end to end.
- Measure the height of your mattress. If there is any mattress topping, include it in your measurements.
- You have to measure your fitted sheet in the same way.
- If it is equal in size or larger than your mattress, you can go for it.
Learn more about mattress sizes and Dimensions here.
Different Types of Sheets
Let us look at the various types of sheets or sheet designs you may consider buying.
1. Fitted Sheet
A fitted sheet complements the size of your mattress. It fits your mattress exactly. The elastic at the corners makes sure that it stays in place.
If your fitted bed sheet is smaller, it will not fit on your mattress. While, if it is longer, it will get bunched up.
2. Flat Sheet
Your flat sheet is designed to stay flat on your mattress. It is usually a bit longer than your mattress. The part that hangs out of the mattress can be tucked in neatly if the bedsheet is nigh enough. Otherwise, it can cause the bedsheet to bunch up and be found in another corner of the bed.
3. Bed Skirt
A bed skirt drapes the bottom of your mattress. It covers the space between your mattress and the floor. Isn’t that an excellent way to hide the things that you keep under the bed?
Things to Consider Before Buying a Bedsheet
1. Depth of the Mattress
If your mattress is extra deep, you can go for a deep pocket fitted sheet. However, if you have a regular mattress, go for a standard fitted sheet.
Do you have mattress toppers? Do not forget to consider them while calculating the mattress depth.
2. Thread Count
Thread count indicates the number of threads present per square inch of your fabric. You can go for a thread count of 500 or higher for a comfortable and cozy feel. A higher thread count will make your twin or king or any size bed sheet softer.
3. Fabric Type
Make sure you choose the fabric of your king-size bed sheet carefully. Here are some popular sheet materials.
If you like your bed to be super soft, cotton sheets are the best option. They are soft and breathable and can absorb moisture from your skin. So, nothing can be better on a hot summer night.
Polyester sheets are growing in popularity due to their durability. They are resistant to wrinkles and creases. Moreover, they are also cheap. However, they tend to have a synthetic feel and as not as soft as cotton sheets.
They are made of synthetic fiber woven together. That gives them a warm and cozy feel. Moreover, they are also durable.
Unfortunately, microfiber sheets containing polyester are not that breathable. So, they are not a good option for people who have sensitive skin.
Do you wish to add a lustrous touch to your bedroom? Satin sheets can work well here. They can be made of different materials like silk, nylon, or polyester.
Apart from the shiny appearance, they are also super soft. You can get a satin queen bed sheet easily in any store.
The Bottom Line
Getting the perfect sheet for your bed is crucial for a sound sleep. Comfort should be your priority. We hope this guide helps you while buying your new bed sheet.
How often should you wash your sheet?
Washing your sheet at least once a week is highly recommended for maintaining hygiene.
What is a fitted sheet?
The corners have elastic so that you can tuck them in. While looking for fitted bed sheet sizes, make sure it matches the size of your mattress.
What is a flat sheet?
A flat sheet lies flat on your mattress. Flat bed sheet sizes are slightly larger than the mattress so that you can tuck the part that’s hanging out.
What is the best bed sheet fabric?
Cotton is the best fabric for your California king bed sheet or for any other size. Cotton work has great breathability and works in most weather conditions.