10 Best Times Of Year To Save Big On A Mattress (Plus More Secrets to Save)
You’ll probably only buy a mattress once in a decade, but it’s still a big investment. How big? That often depends on when you decide to make a purchase—because some times are better than others (trust us). Here’s exactly when you should whip out your credit card to save money on a mattress.
1. Black Friday and Cyber MondayKnown as the most epic shopping days of the year, people wait months for Black Friday and Cyber Monday to come around, and for good reason. Mattress brands, like Nectar, offer huge markdowns, and may even add extra perks, like expedited shipping. And with all the holiday parting and late-night online shopping ahead, your new bed will be a gift that keeps on giving.
2. New Year’sChances are you got ZERO rest over the holidays and have a major sleep deprivation hangover. Or maybe you want to live healthier in the New Year, starting with better sleep. Whatever the reason, if you’re hatching a healthy living resolution, you’ll probably find a sweet deal on a mattress you’ll love. And you can rest easy knowing you found a bargain.
Secret Saving Tip! Look for Whites Sales throughout January, where retailers offer deals on bedding and linens, a perfect pairing for your new mattress.
3. Martin Luther King, Jr. DayToo tired the first weeks of the year to shop for a better bed? Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, which falls on the third Monday in January, gives you another chance to bargain hunt. Plus, after you’ve paid off your December credit card bill, you might be ready to make a purchase that your niece or nephew can’t destroy.
4. Presidents DayOur founding fathers could write a declaration on the importance of a good night’s sleep. Maybe that’s why we honor them with a three-day weekend full of mattress sales (it’s the least we could do). Another incentive to shop: You can hibernate through the remaining weeks of winter, and get a jump start on updating your bedroom for spring.
5. Memorial DayKick off the summer—and your weekend nap life—by getting the new bed of your dreams. Even if you don’t think you need a new mattress, the extremely low prices might convince you to buy one (hey, you’re being proactive!).
Secret Saving Tip! Expect to find excellent deals all summer long, as many retailers offer discounts to clear their inventory before fall.
6. 4th of JulyYou know what’ll make you sparkle like a firework? Sleeping on a new mattress you bought at a fraction of the price. Mattress stores may offer sales throughout July and August to tap into the busiest season for home shoppers and movers. Click here to find out why moving is the best time to buy a new mattress!
Secret Saving Tip! You may not be thinking about back-to-school yet, but retailers are! Watch out for mattress sales from the end of July through the end of August.